Sole Representative is a UK visa category whose primary purpose is to allow a senior employee (individual) of an overseas business to enter the UK and establish, and run, a registered UK branch or a wholly-owned subsidiary of the business in the UK.
You can apply as a representative of an overseas established business if you’re from outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland and you are planning to set up a branch in the UK. You should apply a minimum before 3 months of your travel. However, normally it takes 3 weeks on a decision of your visa once the file is submitted to the Home Office. The initial visa is granted for a period of 3 years and extendable for another 2 years where after staying in the UK for 5 years you can apply for settlement.
To apply for Sole Representative visa you must:
- Apply from outside of the UK
- Have enough money to support yourself and your family
- Meet the English requirements
- Be recruited and employed outside the UK by a company whose headquarters and principal place of business are outside the UK
- Have extensive related industry experience and knowledge
- Hold a senior position within the company (but not a major shareholder) and have full authority to make decisions on its behalf
- Genuinely intend to establish the company’s first commercial presence in the UK such as a branch or wholly-owned subsidiary.
You may also be eligible if the company has a legal entity in the UK that does not employ staff or transacts business.
If your company has been working to establish a UK branch or subsidiary, but it is not yet set up, you can replace a previous sole representative.
What you can and cannot do
- Work for your employer, full time
- Bring your family (“dependants”) with you to the UK
- Extend your visa multiple times
- Apply to settle in the UK after you’ve been here for 5 years.
- Work for yourself or any other business
- Stay in the UK if the sole representative arrangement is ended by your employer switch to this visa from any other visa category
- Get public funds.
- Children Education free till the age of 18
- Children and Spouse Medical free
- Spouse is allowed to work full-time legal
- No nationality restrictions to apply
- Visa leads towards nationality for the whole family
- Flexible investment after the visa is granted.
- Visa fee £ 610 (each member)
- Immigration healthcare surcharges between £ 700-1,200 (depending on the age)
- Additional small charges applicable for biometric fingerprints and if some required documents need to be translated/notarized
- Illimite Migration processing fees upon request.
We are registered with
OFFICE OF THE IMMIGRATION SERVICES COMMISSIONER