Malta Residency and Visa Program (MRVP)
MRVP is a unique program that grants you permanent residence in Malta through investment. You and your family get the right to reside, settle and stay indefinitely in Malta.
It is done by issuing you with a lifetime Permanent Residence Certificate together with a Malta Residence Card.
How does it work? Eligibility Criteria.
The program is open to third-country nationals, i.e. Non-Maltese, EU, EEA or Swiss Nationals. The government of Malta aims to attract only people of the highest of standards through this program.Applicants will be subject to due diligence scrutiny and are expected to have:
- Financial capability to invest € 250,000 in Government Bonds for duration of 5 years;
- Donation of € 30,000 for a single applicant or family (doesn’t exclude parents or grandparents);
- An annual income of not less than €100,000 arising outside of Malta, or have a global net worth in excess of €500,000;
- Rent a property of minimum € 10,000 per a year in Malta after Permanent Residency is granted;
- Annual Medical European Insurance around € 2,000;
- Processing fee € 45,000 for family application.
- Member of the European Union;
- Fastest growing economy in the EU rated A+ by Fitch;
- Member of the Schengen area and of Commonwealth;
- Politically and economically stable;
- Excellent business opportunities;
- English as primary language;
- Euro as base currency;
- First class health service;
- Top educational system;
- Repeatedly voted as best climate in the world.
- A Malta residence permit to beneficiary and dependents;
- Lifetime visa-free travel within the Schengen area;
- The right to reside, settle and stay indefinitely in Malta;
- The ability to apply for Long Term Residence status and naturalisation as a Maltese citizen after a certain period of residence in accordance with the citizenship laws of Malta;
- The possibility for the main applicant and his/her spouse/partner to add children born or adopted after the approval date subject to an additional contribution and successful due diligence checks;
- The possibility for children of the main applicant and/or their spouse/partner who marry, to add their spouse/partner and any direct dependents subject to an additional contribution and successful due diligence checks;
- The possibility of applying for a work permit under a separate process; and
- The possibility of tax benefits under the Global Residence Program
- Eligibility may also extend to Applicant’s dependents including spouses or partners in a relationship, children, parents and grandparents under specific terms.
Illimite Migration can proceed applications for only € 70,000 in Investment Bonds (non refundable) where the remaining € 180,000 is financed through financial institution for a period of 5 years.
Process Timelines and Payment Schedule
*Before starting the process Illimite Migration does initial internal due diligence check on the applicants
Step 1. Agreement/ Illimite Migration fees:
- Sign an agreement and Letter of Engagement;
- Initial 50% Illimite Professional fees to start the application.
Step 2. Compilation & Submission/ MRVA and Processing fees:
- Collection of documents, forms preparation;
- File submission to the government – payment of € 5,500 non refundable (partial donation) payment to the government;
- Remaining payment of 50% to Illimite Migration for Professional fees.
Step 3. MRVA Processing:
- Start of MRVA due diligence;
- Independent due diligence review;
- Possibility of clarification requests;
- Processing period 6-8 months.
Step 4. Approval/ Application Contribution:
- Letter of Approval;
- Payment of Contribution to MRVA (remaining € 24,500);
- Fulfillment of qualifying investment ( € 250,000 Gov.Bonds Investment);
- Fulfillment of qualifying property (Property rent € 10,000 for the first year);
- Qualifying of Insurance (Apply for European Medical Insurance around € 2,000).
Step 5. Permanent Residency Issuance:
- Certificate of Residence Issuance;
- Traveling to Malta for Biometrics is required here;
- Collection of Biometric data in Malta;
- Malta Residence Card Issuance.
For Illimite Migration fees and other quieris please contact us.